Neilson are specialists in providing active holidays with over 20 years of experience. We operate all year round, offering winter sports, sailing, windsurfing, mountain-biking, diving and walking holidays. Our holidays are for anybody who would like a bit more than a 'fly and flop' holiday. We provide the chance to learn new skills in a friendly and informal, yet professional, atmosphere. From beginners to experts alike, we make active holidays really accessible. Neilson are the Active Holiday Experts. Neilson pioneered the concept of winter ski leading and can lay claim to having run one of the most successful ski leading services in the business for well over a decade. The summer programme is renowned for its long-standing relationship with the Royal Yachting Association, the National Governing Body for sailing, windsurfing and power boating in the UK, whose qualifications are held by many of our overseas instructors. Neilson are proud to have won "Best Activity Holidays Operator" and "Best Ski & Board Operator" in the 2005 British Travel Awards.We are also a company which recognises the importance of our team. Our aim is to provide "exceptional service from exceptional people" so our staff can be assured of the highest standards of training and support throughout their career with us.With our Summer and Winter programmes we are able to provide our staff with year round seasonal employment. Whether you are looking for a rewarding career or simply a short term adventure, this is a great opportunity to further your skills within a fantastic and unique environment that offers a large range of exhilarating activities.
Why work for us?
We're absolutely dedicated to providing the very best in active holidays, in the winter with our ski & snowboard program, and in the summer and year round resorts with our land and water-based activities. Whether they be beginners or experts or somewhere in between, we make sure our holidays are really accessible, fun and truly memorable for all our guests.
Neilson are the Active Holiday Experts.
We're very much aware that without our exceptional team of people, our holidays would be much like everyone else's. Instead, through ensuring provision of great working conditions and career opportunities, we attract and retain the very best people, who together create unparalleled holiday experiences.
A few facts:
- We have almost three decades of experience in operating active holidays worldwide, offering our guests accommodation in hotels, chalets, self-catering studios, apartments, or afloat on our fleet of yachts.
- Neilson pioneered the winter ski leading concept, now having run one of the most successful ski leading services in the business for well over a decade.
- Our summer programme is renowned for its long-standing professional relationship with the Royal Yachting Association, the national governing body for sailing and windsurfing, and British Water Ski, the national governing body for water skiing in Great Britain.
- There's barely an award in the business that we haven't already won. Along the way, we've picked up The Globe Award for the "Best Wintersports Tour Operator" three times, British Travel Awards "Best Ski Operator" three times (plus best Activity Holidays Operator in 2005), the Travel Trade Gazette Best Ski and Board Operator, as well as numerous Travelife awards for our commitment to Responsible Tourism overseas.
- We were the first major tour operator to achieve the Investors in People award, a symbol of our commitment to the ongoing development of our staff.
- Our aim is to "the best company to go on holiday with, work for and invest in", so you can be assured of the highest standards of training and support throughout your career with us.
What do we offer?We offer a competitive salary in addition to all of the following:
Bonus - if a satisfactory season is completed, an attractive bonus will be paid. Holiday - all employees are entitled to leave in addition to their day off per week. For summer employees, this would include a paid week off during the season (for employees with sufficient entitlement).
Accommodation - good standard provided, often with two people sharing a room. Managers occupy single accommodation. Cooking facilities and showers may also be shared. Accommodation afloat for flotilla crews is based on a minimum of three to a yacht.
Travel - we arrange travel from the UK to your overseas resort and back at the end of your contract. We also contribute to travel expenses to your UK departure airport.
Training - we'll ensure that you're properly trained in all aspects of your role, ready to mete our guest expectations and satisfying all legal requirements.
Insurance - Company insurance looks after any emergency medical and emergency dental expenses, along with personal belongings cover.
Uniform- a stylish, comfortable uniform is provided for you to wear when on duty.
Activities - for ski season staff we will provide a local lift pass for your local ski area and ski and boot hire will be provided for the season. For summer season staff, all equipment is available for use in your free time if not being used by guests - you could gain RYA qualifications over the summer at no cost.
Holiday Concessions - whilst employed by Neilson, you, and your family, will be eligible for a range of travel discounts on Thomas Cook holiday products. Your personal discount increases with the amount of seasons you complete.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for naturally friendly people who have a passion for learning and looking after guests, who really believe they can make a great contribution to our award winning team.
Go-getters who want to achieve, who like to have fun. People who look after themselves and take pride in their appearance. Those with the right attitude as well as aptitude.
All Neilson staff, whatever their role, will come into regular contact with our guests and other staff, and should possess strong yet natural interpersonal skills. We're looking for warm, enthusiastic and approachable types, so that our guests always feel welcome and confident that every element of their holiday are being delivered by people that care. The way we look after our guests (and each other) is a vital element in the delivery of our holidays.
With Neilson, you'll also be expected to be passionate about the range of activities available. We're looking for individuals who demonstrate a desire to get involved, further their skills, and share their enthusiasm and expertise with our guests.
If you think you see yourself in the above, then we'd love to hear from you.